Light Pollution Resources
This section includes presentations created by the consortium during the project. Educators have free access to them to get inspired, learn more about Light Pollution and its connection with our everyday lives.
News / Articles
This section includes news concerning Light Pollution and its in order to keep the educators engaged to the project and informed about the global updates on Light Pollution.
- What Animals See in the Stars, and What They Stand to Lose
- Astronomers stand up to satellite mega-constellations
- Selection of New IAU Centre for the Protection of the Dark and Quiet Sky from Satellite Constellation Interference
- Light pollution: the white light wounds disrupting our planet
This section includes scientific publications that are open to the public (free access). This way educators can be up to date and monitor the scientific community’s research on Light Pollution.
- Why artificial light at night should be a focus for global change research in the 21st century
- A global atlas of artificial light at night under the sea
- Disruption of marine habitats by artificial light at night from global coastal megacities
- Is light pollution driving moth population declines? A review of causal mechanisms across the life cycle
In addition to the above resources, you can find here journal articles (not fully accessed) that might be of educators’ interest if they would like to perform research around Light Pollution. Only the abstract of these papers can be seen without purchase, thus allowing us to present them as references.